Similarities and Differences
Behind today's door - the proceedings of the Old Bailey, because nobody likes to be judged but that's what exams are all about ...
Similarities and Differences questions on the Crime & Punishment paper 1
This question is worth 4 marks, so you don't need lots of detail, however some accurate description and explanation is needed - just identifying a similarity or difference isn't enough for 4.
Have a go at these:
- Explain one similarity between policing in the Medieval Period and policing in the 18th Century.
- Explain one difference between prisons in the Early Modern Period and Prisons in the 19th Century.
- Explain one similarity between smuggling in the 18th Century and smuggling in the Modern Period.
- Explain one difference between trials in the Medieval Period and trials in the Industrial Period.
- Explain one similarity between poaching in the Norman Period and poaching in the 18th Century.
You probably don't have time right now, but the information on the OLD BAILEY ONLINE website is really interesting and useful about goals, trials, punishments, policing methods ...